Regathering for Corporate Worship
It is with great enthusiasm that we are pleased to announce the reopening of our weekly worship services on Sunday, July 5th. The safety of our members and visitors is our priority and we have developed a plan that adheres to all county and state COVID-19 regulations. Our intent is to encourage corporate worship. However, we recognize that your attendance will be based on personal conviction. Additionally, we understand that those who are considered in high-risk categories may need to continue upholding the stay in place order at home.
In compliance with recommended and required California guidelines, the following plan has been put in place to safely resume worship. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF TWO WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE WORSHIP SERVICE WITHOUT A FACE COVERING THAT COVERS BOTH THE NOSE AND MOUTH.
(A limited supply of masks will be available for those who do not have one)
- Two worship services will be held weekly from 9:30-10:45am and 11:15am – 12:30pm.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of service for a health safety check-in which will include your temperature being taken, hands being properly sanitized, and use of the restroom if needed.
- Worshippers will be seated by ushers, practicing safe social distancing. Families in the same household will be able to sit and worship together.
- Due to distancing restrictions, we will not host our Fellowship hour with refreshments after service at this time.
- The offering will take place at the end of each service.
- An offering box will be placed at the back of the sanctuary to collect tithes/offerings, prayer requests and communication cards.
- No nursery services will be provided. The sliding door of the nursery will remain open during both services for parents to have access in the event their infant or toddler needs to be taken out of the service. Parents must remain present at all times with their children in the nursery.
Be aware that this plan may change if revisions to protocol are made at the county or state level. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the church office at (510) 562-2635. We look forward to worshipping together soon!
Your Higher Ground Regathering Team
Pastor Billie Dempsey, Elder Victor Pouncil, Michael Bess, LeMon and Djaimie Harris,
Deborah Scarborough, Diana and Louis Whitmore